Wednesday 2 September 2009

The First Post

My darling Doodlebug,

I checked on you as I went to bed last night, pulled the duvet back over you and kissed you on the head. It still astonishes me to think that you are ours. Daddy and I were so thrilled when we found out we were having you. Even more thrilled when our precious baby girl finally arrived. And now you are 15 months old and going to be a big sister. The older you get, the more I worry about the world around us. How can I protect you from the bad bits? How can I help you avoid the bitchiness that comes with teenage girls, the awkwardness? How do I counsel you against bad boyfriends? How can I encourage you without being pushy? How can I prepare you for life when I am only really living it now, aged 32?

We are so very lucky to have all that we have, and we are very lucky to have such a funny clever little curly-haired Doodlebug. Perhaps I'll just watch you sleep a little longer before I send you off to a convent.

With all my love,

Mamma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment